Hannah Barlow in a scene from the upcoming horror anthology series "Two Sentence Horror Stories" (Stage 13 Photo).
LOS ANGELES – Stage 13, the digital content brand from Warner Bros.’s Digital Networks, is launching its psychological horror anthology series “Two Sentence Horror Stories” on October 3 exclusively on Verizon’s mobile entertainment destination go90. The show marks Stage 13’s second series to launch on go90.
The critically acclaimed “Two Sentence Horror Stories” has enjoyed unprecedented recognition from major film festivals, including Tribeca Film Festival, LA Film Festival, Outfest and SeriesFest and won the FOX Inclusion Award at this year’s Outfest.
A fresh and provocative anthology series inspired by the viral fan fiction of two sentence horror stories, it taps into universal primal fears — death, abandonment, and loneliness — filtered through the anxieties of the most connected and racially diverse generation.
Created by Writer/Director/Producer Vera Miao (“Best Friends Forever”), the series’ episodes each has its own director: Miao (“MA” and “Singularity”), and acclaimed horror directors Danny Perez (“Antibirth”), JD Dillard (“Sleight” and upcoming “Sweetheart”) and Ryan Spindell (“The Babysitter Murders”).
Each episode is inspired by its own horror story told in two sentences and uses the genre as of way to weave in social horror and a range of contemporary issues including racism, LGBTQ, cyber-bullying and the pursuit of beauty. The five-episode series will be available on go90.com, part of Verizon's global media portfolio of video content and platforms with a new episode available every Tuesday starting on October 3.
“Two Sentence Horror Stories” episodes will premiere every Tuesday in the following order:
• “Ma” (directed by Vera Miao): When Mona falls for Erica, the new neighbor next door, she learns how far Ma will go to keep her “perfect” Chinese daughter home.
• “Snap” (directed by Danny Perez): A notoriously cruel celebrity blogger dismisses a mysterious foe as harmless…until he wakes up to a video of himself sleeping on his own phone.
• “Guilt Trip” (directed by JD Dillard): After picking up a victim of police brutality, a Good Samaritan is forced to rethink her decision on the dark and isolated road with the stranger in her car.
• “Singularity” (directed by Vera Miao): After a transgender biohacker implants revolutionary technology into her own body, she is terrified to discover she can tap more than just the internet.
• “Second Skin” (directed by Ryan Spindell): When a street-smart young woman accepts an invitation to a luxurious spa, she discovers just how far the powerful patrons will go to stay on the cutting edge of beauty.
“Vera Miao and the creative team behind ‘Two Sentence Horror Stories’ produced five chilling and twisted episodes with a cinematic aesthetic that will keep horror fans on their toes and wanting more,” said Diana Mogollón, SVP and General Manager Stage 13. “The series features stories and characters that reflect the diversity that young audiences crave, which is what Stage 13 and go90 are all about.”